Wheatberries: breakfast of the hard core.

This is extremely easy and hearty as can be, but will give your jaw a workout.

1 cup wheatberries (I used hard winter wheatberries)
3 cups water
1/3 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup frozen mango chunks

Put it all in the crockpot before bed and set to low. When you wake up, breakfast will be ready! Top with a couple spoonfuls of coconut milk and sweeten to taste. You'll be full for hours. Makes 3-4 servings.

You could also make this with fresh mango (add in the morning?) or dried mango (add in the evening, and definitely more coconut milk. ALWAYS more coconut milk.

3 comments:

  1. smilinggreenmom said...

    I had not even heard of wheat berries until last week when i found Kamut Khorasan Wheat (berries) and I am sooo excited to try such a high quality pure wheat!! Thanks for this recipe :)  

  2. AMIT said...

    Its so yummy.I wish i could have it once.

    post free classified ads  

  3. Ellinor Forje said...

    I've never tried this. But, I now will. Thanks for the info on the coco nut milk, and feel free to drop by me too, soon.