Crockpot Oatmeal.

With no apologies for my TWO MONTH ABSENCE in which I did TONS OF COOKING and even TOOK PICTURES but NEVER POSTED FOR YOU, I'm going to launch right in with a question: how is it that I've never told you about Crockpot Oatmeal?

Oh, I guess it turns out that I sort of did.

I have to tell you, though, I recently told some friends about the Crockpot Oatmeal and when I saw them a month later, they HUGGED ME. ABOUT THE OATMEAL. This is a true story. It's changed their lives (their words). I'm just saying.

And it's not hard to make. All you need is:

1 cup steel cut oats
4 cups liquid (water is perfectly fine, but sub in one cup of soymilk or ricemilk or what have you for extra flava), plus a bit extra
Spices and dried fruit to taste
A crockpot


Mix it all together, set the thing on low before you go to bed, and the next morning you will have a nourishing breakfast treat with an amazingly creamy, slightly chewy texture. I'm raving because I'm eating some right now. My current version used a cup of soymilk, a cup of spiced apple cider, two cups of water, a handful of dried apricots, a handful of currants, and a healthy dose of ground ginger. As god is your witness, you'll never go hungry again.

2 comments:

  1. kickpleat said...

    this is probably the only recipe that would make me get a crockpot.  

  2. Joanne said...

    Are crockpots that same as slow cookers? I have the latter and I would love to wake up in the a.m. with a warm offering of oatmeal. Here's hoping that it changes my life :)