Here are some other things I have done with my recent Big Batch of Beans.
1. Bean dip. You can treat these little critters pretty much like black beans, which is to say: spice them with olive oil, garlic, cumin, chipotle peppers, lime, cilantro and/or leftover salsa and puree using your favorite pureeing machine. I did two different incarnations of bean dip for two different cookouts. The smokier, more chipotle-heavy one was a bigger hit. But some people like the cilantro-heavy first one.

2. Chili. Again, use in place of black beans in your favorite recipe.

3. Stew. I guess this wasn't really all that different from the chili, but I didn't use any chili POWDER. Sauteed onions and garlic and adobo sauce, added some tomatoes and the leftover beans and broth, realized there were hardly any beans left, and quick chopped up sweet potatoes and zucchini and simmered with frozen corn. I also fried some cubed tofu in oil, braggs, chili powder, cumin, and coriander, and sprinkled with lime juice. Served the whole shebang over cilantro-lime brown rice.

The adzuki beans are finally gone and it's time to move on to some other corner of my bean stash. I'll keep you posted.

1 comments:

  1. Angelique said...

    Awesome, I can't wait to add adzuki to my own bean arsenal.